Friday, July 17, 2009

Family Friday


There is no doubt these two little girls are related, in fact, if I didn't already know better, I might think it was the same child in each picture. One of these small girls came from a family of wealth, the other from a home where money wasn't near as easy to come by. You can tell by the clothes they wear and the not so fancy photo background.

The little girl in the first photo is my grandmother, an only child and the daughter of a man who worked for an oil company. The second is her own daughter, my Aunt Jeanne. Jeannie doesn't have the fancy clothes or pretty necklace that her own mother had at such a tender age, but I think if one had dressed her up in her mother's clothes, no one would have known the difference. Their faces are almost identical.


2 comments:

  1. Those are fantastic! I wish I had more of my grandmother's old photos. She had a bunch. I took a bunch as she was ailing. Still. I wish I had taken more. I am sure my uncles did nothing with them. :S

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful pictures of your
    grandmother and your aunt.

    I scrolled down to read the posts I had missed and feel your struggles in your journey of faith...I much older than you, but I still struggle in many ways...You always come back to the right solution, The Word, your journal, and walking hand and hand with the Lover of your soul.
    I know they sing "In the Garden" at funerals.... But I love the words because of think of walking and talking in my devotion time as the garden.
    Love you Martha and your loving and honest spirit.
    LOL:Wanda

    ReplyDelete