Thursday, July 30, 2009

A Pocketful of Stones

they said to Him, "Teacher, this woman was caught in adultery, in the very act. Now Moses, in the law, commanded us that such should be stoned. But what do You say?"
John 8:4-5

Circumstances have left me thinking again... Do I love like Jesus or do I have a pocketful of stones? And even if my pockets are void of stones, what am I to do when faced with difficult circumstances? How should I respond? What would Jesus do?

And Jesus said to her, "Neither do I condemn you; go and sin no more." John 8:11

I find it interesting that even though Jesus did not condemn the woman in the story, His command was that she "sin no more". He didn't condone her wrongdoing, but He was willing to forgive her. A beautiful story worthy of much more contemplation...


6 comments:

  1. What a beautiful story indeed. I am thankful for forgiveness, not condemnation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have one word. Spoiled! Great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No! The new banner you posted! Those are two spoiled little creatures you have there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, it all makes sense now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read his comment in the middle of the night and wondered to.
    Glad you gals figured it out.
    He confirmed it this am when I asked him he was still chuckling at the pic.

    ReplyDelete