Thursday, July 09, 2009

Feeling Slightly Lost

I am feeling more and more lost as the week wears on. Being out in the country, mostly alone and without a vehicle, is somewhat perplexing. I'm even more thankful now for the time Josiah spent here with me on Tuesday. Lucas is here with me today but he is not happy camper. I'm not sure if he doesn't feel good, is tired, or just generally unhappy. He doesn't want to be put down. Neither the swing, the stroller, or his play seat make him happy. Right now he is upstairs in bed, but crying. If he doesn't go to sleep soon I will have to retrieve him.

At this point in my life I am really beginning to wonder which direction to go and what to do. I'm really not sure and to top it off James and I are thinking about selling the house. It is so much to keep up with and selling would help get us out of the debt we have accumulated. It would also make us more fluid and able to do some things that the responsibilities of home ownership keep us from. I guess this adds a little bit to my indecision about what to do. Also being without my van is making me restless.

4 comments:

  1. Come for dinner... Uh, when Dad gets home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love not owning a home. :)
    It frees up my mind and I don't worry about fixing stuff; plumbing, roofs, foundations, cracks in walls, lawn disasters, freezing pipes... and on and on.
    It's funny how the little ones pick up on our moods isn't it?
    Go to dinner at Bethy's and relax sweety. God's working on your life.
    hugs, judi

    ReplyDelete
  3. well, flutter! I forgot what I came to say, check out Gmj's Scat... posted what I did on my birthed day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so behind on blogs! I missed your musing while we were away.

    I have found some very uncomfortable periods of unease just precede God's unfolding His plan. I pray that He comforts you and warms you heart and that you can see His hands working in your lives.

    And yes - where is summer? It feels like early May - not the lazy-hazy-days of summer. :S

    ReplyDelete