Saturday, July 11, 2009

The Campers Return

So yesterday afternoon I hitched a ride to Oswego to find my van keys and bring my campers home. I found some handsome young men...

and some lovely ladies. (Caleb, with Ben, and his sister, Kara, in the pink, have been friends with my kids since they were born. They enjoy spending a week at camp together and I am more than grateful to their parents who gave me a ride home on Sunday and back again last night.)

I found that sad little cabin that was once my home for a week of camp... and I found my keys, safely stowed away in the camp store. My van windows were rolled up and everything inside was nice and dry. On the way out of Oswego we stopped at McDonald's for a cone. This was when Ben discovered he had left his camera charger plugged into the wall of his cabin. Needless to say, we turned around and headed back to get it. I once upon a time made several trips to Oswego each summer dropping off and retrieving kids for all three weeks of camp, but this year I am only making the trip once.

What comes next?

5 comments:

  1. You can always look forward to sending one of them to "boot camp"
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AT LEAST BEN REALIZED IT QUICKLY!
    We left our camera charger plugged into the wall in Tennessee!!! I didn't remember it until we were sitting in church the next day. Twenty-some hours and 775 miles later. :(

    They had a rather decent week for camping. Glad you were all happily reunited! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Speaking of which, be on the lookout for the charger for my electric razor. I haven't seen it since I left. Luckily I only shave a couple times a week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where would it be, Jim, and what does it look like?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our cabin!!!! I can't believe how old and run down it looks now! Hard to believe we lived there for a week.

    ReplyDelete