Monday, November 12, 2007

Today is Monday

It is a good day for raking leaves, not too hot, not too cold, so that is what we have been doing. We have silver and sugar maple leaves, oak leaves, walnut and birch leaves. They are raked into huge piles which sit, patiently waiting for transport to the back garden where I am hoping we can set them ablaze. Ahh, the wonders of living in the country! If it weren't for my neighbor across the street, who is also raking leaves, it would be a quiet country kind of day. But Paul has his car stereo cranked up so he can listen to music while he works. My kids are not impressed with his late 70's early 80's collection and stuffed their pockets with CD players and their ears with headphones, and listened to their own music. I do not have a CD player (not that I would use it anyway) and therefore I ended up listening to Paul's music. Allen, who also lives across the street, doesn't have to tolerate Paul's music while raking leaves, he's deaf.

While I was out raking, Mr. Morgan came down the road and stopped to ask about my daughter. He knows her, like many others do, from the little restaurant where she has been a waitress for the past two and a half years. He says she is a sweetheart and is happy to hear about my new grandson with "a good Bible name".

8 comments:

  1. Blogger is quiet on Mondays. We raked a lot of leaves and burned one big pile. Very smokey. Just as I was puttung the fire out I heard sirens. It wasn't for me but the firetruck, police car and ambulance did come this way. Our neighbor had an accident with his ATV in the orchard across the street. That must have been why we heard the Mexicans yelling a while before. Please pray for Cody, who was hurt in the accident, and his family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, don't you wish you spoke mexican? prayn' for Cody and family. Are your musculos going to be sore tomorrow? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is Cody's brother the one who died in a car crash a couple years ago?

    I worked today, now I'm sleepy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You never blogged about Ben for his birthday. Happy belated birthday, Ben!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, Rachel. Cody is Kyle's younger brother.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful picture in your post today. I love hearing about your days, but sorry to hear of the accident. Will certainly be praying for the family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Didn't he get hurt riding an atv not too long ago?

    Nice of Mr. Morgan to stop by... He's a nice guy. :)

    ReplyDelete