Monday, November 19, 2007

Smokes!

Oh, give thanks to the LORD, for He is good! For His mercy endures forever.
1 Chronicles 16:34
I have a splitting headache, the kind that makes me want to cry and bang my head against the wall. It wraps around the back of my neck, up the right side of my head, through my ear and behind my eyes. My stomach is turning I want to bury myself deep under the covers of my bed and go to sleep. Of course, that isn't going to happen today. Troy needs to be picked up at preschool and Nathan has a doctor appointment this afternoon. I will have to tough this one out like I have many others in the past.

The last headache like this came after raking leaves and burning them in a pile out back. I went to bed last Monday night with a throbbing head. Today my neighbor is burning his leaves. While peeling apples this morning, I noticed a cloud of smoke surrounding the house. After a quick peek outside to make sure my chimney wasn't on fire, I realised the smoke was coming from behind the barn across the street. Its all settled down now but the residual effect seems to be an awful headache for me. Maybe getting away for the afternoon and drinking lots of water will calm the pain. I hope so.

9 comments:

  1. Headaches like that are terrible!
    I hope it will go away soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to get those headaches all the time. I would just want to lay quietly and sit in the dark. I hope yours goes away soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use to get headaches. In the back of my neck, up the rightside of my head too. Shooting behind the eyes. The bang you head kind I do understand these. Now I take ....meds. and the headaches and the ulcers no longer happen. Hope you find a spot of peace today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Martha, I do hope getting out of the house and away from the smoke helps your head. That is so awful to have such a bad headache. Bethany Alyssa has headaches quite a bit and it's awful. I will be praying for you today as you do your errands with your headache.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Uh-oh... Bad headaches usually seem to sneak up on you. Sorry you don't feel well today Mommy... Hope you are better in time to look forward to Thanksgiving with me tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know exactly how you feel. We need to stay away from burning leaves...not good. I hope by now you are feeling better. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry. That kind is miserable, esp. if we can't just ignore everything else that has to be done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh sweetie...I just stopped right now, and said a prayer that your headache will go as far as the east is from the west!!
    And that's a long ways....Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete