Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Cold and Wet

Brrr! After all the nice weather, it's hard to get used to cold and wet. Most of the leaves have blown off the trees now, but if the sun were to show its face, there are still some splashes of color here and there. We had a bit of very wet snow fall around noon but it didn't stick around for long. This is the kind of weather that makes you either want to stay inside or move south. I think I'll opt to stay inside and do some of those things that I put off when the weather is nice. I have tons of photos that need to be put into albums, I have paints waiting to be used, I have puzzles to make... and apples to cook... (I will never be rid of those apples!) Christmas is coming and if I play my cards right, I could make some very nice gifts and actually be ready before Christmas Eve...

This morning we went to meet these people who are also into woodworking. I happened to see some their furniture when I was out a week or so ago and told James about it. Jose' is going to buy some of James' figured lumber and, since James is pretty busy right now, he will be passing a few jobs on to Jose'.

6 comments:

  1. Cool picture. Love the lines and the reflection. :)

    It's c-c-c-c-old out there!!!! And I still have a tree that's barely changed colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS Jessi wanted to do some Christmas shopping this morning while Brian and Heather were at Driving school... we ended up over at the Halloween costumes that were marked 90% off. Got 5 costumes (for photos of course) for $10!!!! Poor Jessi didn't get any of her shopping done! Then I went out with Brett this afternoon and thought I'd get some shopping done... We ended up getting other stuff but nothing for Christmas. I get sooo distracted that no matter how early I think about it... well, it always ends up I'm scrambling at the end!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha! I just did my Christmas shopping for a whole family!!! Done, done, done!! That is two adults and two children done, done done! (see Gmj do the snoopy happy dance) Now just have 5 more grandkids and 4 more adults to do. Aw, next week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the picture and the reflections. Did you say Christmas was just around the corner.....Yikes I better get busy too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful shot of Hannah Mart....

    ReplyDelete