Thursday, November 15, 2007

A Rainy Morning

It was a cool, dark and wet morning. I had a hard time waking up today and would have much preferred to snuggle down under the covers than get up. There is something about gloomy skies that makes for good sleeping. It looks now like the sky is just beginning to clear. Maybe the sun will decide to shine afterall.

Nothing special has been happening today. I did the normal every day type of chores; make the bed, start some laundry, wash the dishes, vacuum... I'm still not done vacuuming, but thenI never am for long anyway. This is the time of year when leaves are a permanant floor decoration. They are much preferred to the mud and water that follows soon after. I would rather vacuum than mop.

Before I picked Troy up from preschool this afternoon we dropped our Christmas Shoeboxes off at our old church in Sodus. We did just two this year, one for a 2-4 year-old boy and one for a girl. We also left a couple jars of apple butter at the home of my friend, Becky, who lent me the grinder/strainer attachment for my Kitchen Aide mixer. It has made making applesauce so much easier! We left Becky's with a food dehydrator...

7 comments:

  1. A food dehydrator? Are you going to make apple chips? Becky always has such handy tools...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you have access to a dehydrator. That's how I take care of lots of our apples when we have them. They're handy, tasty, and keep so nicely in a small space!

    I'd rather vacuum than mop too. But my vac. cleaner is at the shop right now. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a very productive day to me...! I slept in a little this morning...warm covers, yeah!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes!! you are showing great determination at getting those apples behind you! Proud of ya.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for your thoughts and prayers Martha ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't do any shoe boxes this year. Denis and I were out of town so we didn't hear the announcements until people were already wrapping it up.

    ReplyDelete