Friday, November 30, 2007

Checking In

I have been trying to finish up old projects and am making progress ever so slowly. I painted two checker boards last winter, have finally bought and painted the checkers to go along, and just this morning sewed up the drawstring bags to keep them in. I've not yet decided quite what to do with them. Maybe they will become Christmas gifts and maybe I will donate one to the Ladies' Silent Auction at church. All the money collected goes to missions.

Tomorrow is December 1st. I keep thinking how much fun it would be to really decorate my house for the season, but everything is so scattered that decorating scarcely seems a reality. Sometimes I feel like I am spinning my wheels and getting nowhere. I suppose if I am not sliding backward the effort is still worth making, but it is still both frustrating and exhausting. I did clean out my clost this week and the items I hauled out are in the back of my van waiting for transport to Goodwill later this evening or tomorrow afternoon. If you don't hear from me as often during the next couple weeks, it will be because I am trying to rediscover my home. It is here under the mess somewhere. I know I can find it if I just keep trying...

11 comments:

  1. What a beautiful checkerboard!

    I need to rediscover my house too. With Koty here, I don't seem to get much accomplished. I also need to decorate for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will find it! And I bet you can find some willing helpers to decorate with you!

    I love the checker board. It is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful checker board! This is the first time I've had my house ready for Christmas this early. Wish I could come over and help you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish you success in finding your house ;-)
    Don't blog! Stay focused!! lol
    I know .... I am the same....
    I take frequent 'blogging breaks'...that is really not good, because distracting.
    Yes, your checker board is wonderful. Great work. I hope you will get a lot of money for the missions for it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful checkerboard!! Good luck with your house. We did the rediscovering thing last weekend and are now trying to keep it from sliding back into oblivion again. Not an easy task.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a nice checkerboard. Today we are supposed to get snow. I am planning on staying in and putting up my Christmas decorations. I don't have very many.

    ReplyDelete
  7. As everyone else said - GREAT Checkerboard!!!

    I'm not much into decorating... mainly cuz I hate taking it all down! Jessi and Brett did the tree and put up a few nativity sets and Jessi decorated her room. That's the extent of my decorating!! I do love the lights around town and such though...

    ReplyDelete
  8. okay I thought I was the grinch..... but my tree is up and my house is decorated and the Christmas lights are up out side. and I am still here at gMJ and all my Christmas shopping is done.....mmmmmm I still don't like the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Decorating for Christmas? What's that? There will be no tree this year unless we have chewable ornaments on it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. found it yet? I forgot to say that checker board is very nice and I like the bag.

    ReplyDelete