Saturday, November 10, 2007

He's an Old Scarecrow... And He Don't Know What to Do

(This may be somewhat reminiscent of an earlier post...)

Once he had been young and strong. He had carried himself with dignity and held his head high. People had turned their heads to look when they saw him out of the corner of their eye. He was young and proud...
But now, age had caught up. He was tired and slumped over in his chair. When people saw him, they looked the other way and pretended not to notice his presence. In his mind nothing had changed. He was the same man inside as he had always been, only the outside was different...

11 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm to darn emotional in NOvember this year! this is so sweet and sorrowful. The dying season in pictures and prose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, Martha...That's just how I felt after all my running around today, my two mile walk, and that apple pie.
    Yes, you got a good shot of me!!
    ((smile))
    Sounds like we were both baking Apple Pies today. Happy Birthday to your 14 year old.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha! He looks like he lost a few inches in height and gained a few in his belly! So typical of old age it seems... Thanks for the laugh!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Watch the "old age" comments!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This post make me laugh!
    Very funny.

    ReplyDelete
  6. did you write that about my husband? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The poor scarecrow lost some of his stability in a windstorm. He was blown over and the nails that held his frame together came apart. I set him back up and a few days later his "backbone" slipped between the back of the bench and the seat giving him a rather slumped kind of look. Since James brought our camera home the other day, I couldn't resist sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmmm, did one of your nephews give him his holey jeans?

    ReplyDelete
  9. We have an abundance of holey jeans right here, but it was a good guess.

    ReplyDelete