Monday, September 04, 2006

New Friends and Old Friends

Yesterday I cleaned my house. I was too tired to blog. (Hard to believe, I know, but it's true.)

Sunday was a good day. In the morning I sat in the nursery at church and held my cousin's granddaughter. It felt so nice to hold a little baby and watch her smile and coo. It's something I haven't done in a long time yet so familiar. On Sunday evening our former pastor, his wife and mother in law were at our church. (This was not the church he pastored, he was there as a visitor.) It was wonderful to see them again after 3 years, especially Maamaw, who is now 85 years old. She is such a beautiful lady and I thought I would never see her again this side of heaven. I got to thinking that she is twice my age and the little one in the nursery is just beginning her life. I am smack dab in the middle. What a wonderful place to be.

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like a strange thought that our cousin has a grand daughter. It's neat that you have some contact with her.
    It's also neat that you got to see some long lost friends at your church!

    I was sick all day yesterday, so I didn't blog either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful day. And how cool that there was one old, one young and you right in the middle. I agree...seems like the perfect place to be. =)

    ReplyDelete