Friday, September 01, 2006

Autumn's Breeze















Thirteen things I love about fall...

1. Cool crisp night and long sleeve shirts.
2. Beautifully colored leaves and mums in the garden.
3. Pumpkins and dried out corn stalks.
4. Apple cider and fried cakes.
5. The ground covered with a blanket of yellow, orange, and gold leaves.
6. Trips to the farm market.
7. Apple pies.
8. Hay rides and bonfires.
9. The castle retreat.
10. Sweaters and sunshine.
11. Canada geese flying south.
12. Birthday parties. (Jim 3, Dave, Beth, and Ben)
13. Snuggling down under the covers on a cool night.

Can I make it 14?

14. Building a fire in the wood stove.

10 comments:

  1. Oh yes!!!! I love fall! We are having awesome weather here in Missouri. My dog and I are really enjoying morning walks now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does sound nice. Thanks for reminding us that even though summer is almost over (already), fall really is a very nice season. Even if winter comes shortly thereafter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Although I do love spring and summer, and winter has an enchanting beauty, I think fall is the most beautiful seaon of the four.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michelle, your dog would be Katie Bug the min-pin, right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. That picture is gorgeous. I like mums too, but Denis doesn't. So we have to compromise on our flower selections...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes...I love fall too! I miss that wood stove we grew up with. Nothing like sitting by the fire with a cup of coffee or tea.

    My next house is having either a fire place or a wood stove!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all of those things too Martha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My favorite season .... fall, just love it and miss it entirely in Florida. Wish we could be there for those hayrides and marshmallow roasting and fireside chats. Love you all, Barb

    ReplyDelete