Wednesday, September 27, 2006

A Little Peace and Quiet


We have been taking a walk in the orchard almost every day now. Maybe it will soon be part of a daily routine. We take the wagon with us and sometimes Troy rides and sometimes he walks along with us. It has been a nice relaxing addition to our days.

I am getting used to being at home during the week but my weekends now feel slightly rushed and hectic. Cleaning, shopping, having company, going to church; everything that doesn't get done during the week is now put off until the weekend. This past weekend was particularly action packed. The hustle and bustle actually started on Thursday rather than Friday. I babysat Troy as usual, Sara and Alysa came off the bus around 4pm, Ben and Hannah had piano lessons, and I watched a baby for the evening. Lili's mom is a friend of Dave and Leta. On Friday Troy was sick and threw up twice, the bus driver didn't know Alysa was on the bus and passed the house without stopping. I had to meet the bus up at the corner when it came back by. Friday evening was spent trying to clean and organize stuff in the barn. Saturday we cleaned the Sunday school rooms at church, ran to the store, then came home and made lasagna (for company) and three apple pies. Late Saturday and into the evening we had company which was very nice. I enjoyed doing that and would like to again. Sunday morning and evening were church and a birthday gathering for Jim (with chile and pie) was sandwiched in between. By Sunday night I was ready for a good night's sleep.

Through it all God is working on my heart and continuing to mold me into His image. He is teaching me to take my eyes off myself and what I want (or think I want), to be thankful, to realize His mercy, and to pray. I don't know how God can take me and make me into someone useful for His purpose, or why He would even choose me, but I am grateful for His work in my life and heart. He is good.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a busy week all right!

    You must of had a small error because I see two of the entre.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Allen, I'm not sure why that happened. I'm thinking it was an error on blogger because it took such a long time to publish and now I don't know which one to delete.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have my permission to delete this one if you don't want to affend anyone.

    ReplyDelete