Saturday, September 02, 2006

The Blustery Day


Ernesto has arrived in upstate NY. He came in with a gentle rain late this morning, but now is whipping the trees around and acting stormy-like. It was a good morning to sleep in and the bed was oh so cozy. I had a reallly tough time waking up! We cleaned the Sunday school rooms at church and then went grocery shopping, arriving home just in time to run inside before the wind picked up. It's definitely another Winnie the Pooh day! I would like to lay down and curl up under a blanket and take a nap, but I really need to take care of some of those vegetables I picked from my garden yesterday. So... I suppose I shall be cooking up some more spaghetti sauce and trying my hand at freezing corn. No sense in planting a garden and praying for it to produce if I don't use what God provides. Maybe I'll catch a nap later, but for now I think I'll put on another pot of coffee.

4 comments:

  1. What a great analog, Martha. I should have thought of that yesterday. Might have helped the kids handle it better if I'd associated all the wind and rain with Winnie the Pooh. Wasn't too bad here, we did get a gust over 43 mph, but other than lots of leaves down, no damage was done. Has been gray and drizzly here for most of the day so has been a good day to stay curled up inside. I stitched a square for a baby quilt while the kids did clean up chores. Seemed like a pretty good deal to me. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today was the Crosswinds 5K. Lots of wet runners and walkers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We missed the blustery day, but I see our neighbors a few doors down had a tree fall on their garage.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love this post. The way you handled it with the kids was brilliant! Michelle-ozark crafter

    ReplyDelete