Thursday, September 28, 2006

A Little Bit of Stress



Ever feel like this?


9/29- I had to laugh when I looked at this poor little tree out there in the orchard. It's trying so hard to hold up yet starting to "bend under the pressure". The awesome thing is that the burden really isn't more than it is able to bear at this time. The stress and strain of carrying the load is what causes it to become strong. Right now it's just a little tree, someday it will be grown and able to carry a much larger load. When the ice storms come and load the trees down with ice, the apple trees, which are used to bearing down under the weight, are able to survive. The cherry trees, used to carrying a lighter burden, don't fare so well when it comes to a storm. The lesson for me is to realise that while I may feel pain and be stretched to the limit, God is actually strengthening me and preparing me for greater service. A little scary but rewarding in the end, I'm sure.

4 comments:

  1. Wow... That's really incredible! It's good that God prepares us a little at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the analogy. I think he's doing pretty well for a little tree. Quite a bountiful little crop too!

    ReplyDelete