Sunday, February 03, 2013

The Mind of Christ

May The Mind of Christ My Savior 
    words by Kate B. Wilkinson

May the mind of Christ, my Savior, Live in me from day to day,
By His love and power controlling All I do and say.

May the Word of God dwell richly In my heart from hour to hour,
So that all may see I triumph Only through His power.

May the peace of God my Father Rule my life in everything,
That I may be calm to comfort Sick and sorrowing.

May the love of Jesus fill me As the waters fill the sea;
Him exalting, self abasing, This is victory.

May I run the race before me, Strong and brave to face the foe,
Looking only unto Jesus As I onward go.

May His beauty rest upon me, As I seek the lost to win,
And may they forget the channel, Seeing only Him.

 Each week in church someone shares special music. This week our regular piano player shared an old hymn. The familiar words and music, transported me back through the years to the days of my childhood at the Webster Christian Reformed Church. I was a little girl once again, sitting between my parents, at the close of a morning service, singing the song and tucking the words and melody away in my heart.

A song not so unlike "Take My Life and Let It Be", this too is a prayer, a prayer to be more like Christ; a prayer to deny self and follow Him.As I listened to the melody and read the words in the hymn book this morning, I wondered if God had planned it just for me; a bit of encouragement after last night's post.

Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: Philippians 2:6

2 comments:

  1. Another wonderful old hymn...will be trying to sing and live it today. Thanks Martha. Love these words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my favourite hymns. I sing it about once a week. It is my prayer for my life.

    ReplyDelete