Friday, February 22, 2013

Not Too Much

I've been finding some quiet time these past couple days. No children, no bus to catch, no Hannah (She's gone to visit Baptist Bible College with some friends), no Ben (he's working). I haven't been totally alone, but I'm trying to find that time when I can.

Oreo spent the day alone in Ben's room. He got closed in there when I took Ben's work clothes up this morning. I was making soup in the kitchen when I heard a distant meow and went to investigate. Maybe he smelled the chicken cooking.

My weekly grocery shopping has been accomplished a day early so I have tomorrow free aside from a visit to feed Rocky's puppy dog while they are away for a few days. The dog is happy to see me when I arrive and also quite happy to eat the doggie treats I give her. I think tomorrow I'll bring a book along and spend a little more time keeping her company. I think she's lonesome without her family and I kind of like the quiet time.


2 comments:

  1. Your Oreo is gorgeous. Can't believe how much she looks like my Oreo! We get a cat closed in a room or closet quite often here! ha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet you do! :)

      Last night a stray cat tried to get in the cat door. Oreo put up a terrible fuss and then stood guard for hours. He's the boss cat.

      Delete