Friday, February 15, 2013

Stuck

I am still stuck on porcupines. I've read that once a porcupine quill is imbedded in the skin, it gradually works it's way farther and farther in. If not removed it can eventually make it's way to vital organs, even causing death. Broken quills can cause intense pain and infections, and even the safe removal of porcupine quills is terribly painful, often requiring the use of painkillers and antihistamines in case of allergic reactions. The best way to deal with a porcupine is to keep a safe distance, but even porcupines get lonely. Even porcupines need friends.

I must admit that for far too long I have felt pretty prickly myself. Perhaps I am part porcupine, or perhaps there are quills buried deep in my flesh, quills from other (perhaps long ago) porcupines, quills that fester and cause pain even though I can't see them, even though I didn't know they were there. The knowledge of their presence has not necessarily brought relief, but it has made me aware of my need to have them removed. I'm not quite sure how to do that, but I am searching for answers.

Honestly, I don't know if I am a porcupine or just full of painful prickles.

5 comments:

  1. Martha, you would be a great speaker for Women's groups...I just might have to steal this theme for my next Ladies Night Out..we all have some of those quills, working there deadly damage. It makes me think of the verse about a "bitter root"....I needed this word this morning..thanks dear Martha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a bitter root, Wanda. I need the Great Physician's help.

      Delete
  2. this might become a really great series of blog posts. I love the analogies and I think we can all relate a little bit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It might, Betsy. I only hope I don't prickle people away in the process. ;)

      Delete
  3. The analogy between keeping a safe distance from porcupines and the need for personal boundaries implies an introspective approach to self-preservation. However, the admittance that even hedgehogs get lonely highlights how all human beings have a common desire for association with others.

    Navigating through the process of removing figurative quills, being open to looking for answers and discovering paths to emotional pain relief shows bravery and proactive thinking. This connection with Azulina Coupons Codes is interesting in that it represents the pragmatic side of acquiring help and support for progress towards recovery.

    ReplyDelete