Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Eye, Aye, Eye, Aye

Eye drops and eye doctors. Yesterday Mom visited her own eye doctor again (not the surgeon who did the procedure, but her own 93 year old optometrist). He was very pleased with the results of her recent cataract surgery. Mom's distance vision is now 20/20 in her right eye, and though Mom may not fully comprehend the vast improvement to her sight, she did catch on to the fact that her doctor was pleased, and that left her beaming.

We have one surgery, five eye doctor appointments, and two weeks of eye drops behind us. Ahead are a second surgical procedure, at least another handful of doctor appointments, and six to eight weeks of eye drops. And I thought that broken wrist last year was time consuming... On the bright side, we are doing better (for the most part) with the eye drops. There are still times of incessant blinking, and she has asked for at least a week (with each set of eye drops, 3x's a day) how long we will have to do this. Thankfully, most drops actually end up in her eye rather than balancing on her eye lashes or splashing on her cheek just under her lower lid.

Is it just me or does it seem that morning is coming earlier lately? Emma has been arriving a few minutes before 7 am the past few days (while I'm either making my bed or climbing out of the shower) and the girls have nearly missed the bus both Monday and Tuesday mornings. Both situations have shaved just two or three minutes off what has been my normal routine since September, not enough to sound like it should matter, but enough to leave me feeling in a rush. I suppose maybe I should go to bed two or three minutes earlier. Maybe that would do the trick. ha!

9 comments:

  1. I've felt the same way and have actually set my coffee to come on 15 minutes earlier.

    Any time we have pink eye around here, the eye drops are the hardest thing with the boys. Good grief. haha.

    Glad for the 20/20 vision in that eye for distance. that is really great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oreo has been totally enjoying the back of the couch these days, when he isn't sleeping on Mom's bed that is.

      It's been nice to see those little boxes on the eye drop schedule being checked off. And yes, great distance vision for Mom! There is nothing quite like success!

      Delete
  2. The last week or two I have been feeling rushed and my attitude has been grumpy and downright unthankful and Sam has been having the brunt of that directed his way - times like this I truly wonder why he ever married me. Will be praying for you to figure how His solution in your life for the rushing you are feeling. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so miss Ladies' Prayer. It is a sanctuary in the midst of my week. If all goes well I will be there this coming Tuesday morning. You may hear me heave a great sigh as I settle into my chair.
      Love you too, Brenda.

      Delete
  3. G and I have been thrown off our time all week! Went to the doctor yesterday afternoon only to learn that appointment is set for this afternoon. Nearly forgot this morning's appointment and arrived 10 minutes late. We are NEVER late! We are definitely off our game this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I shall not be ready to "spring forward" any better this year than those previous. ;)
      I hate being late too.

      Delete
  4. Ooh, I am so thrown off by the schedule changing by 2 or 3 minutes!! Our morning routine is down to a science and even a couple of minutes throw everything off! I know it is not funny, but I always have to smile when I think of your Mom asking you 3x a day how long you are going to have to do these drops:-) You are such a good daughter. I miss you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heather, I'm glad someone can relate to the time thing. I'm beginning to wonder if those naturally early risers are gearing up for the changing of the clocks.

      I miss you too. Maybe one day I'll run away to Heather's house. :)

      Delete