Tuesday, February 05, 2013

D is for Deal

D is for Deal, and I think I got a pretty good one today.

My mom drinks Maxwell House International Cafe Hazelnut "coffee" every morning. I typically buy it at Target as their price is a bit lower than the regular grocery store, $2.99 per container. But Target, in their sneaky little marketing ploy, knows exactly what I typically purchase in their stores and they print out handy dandy little coupons to encourage more of the same. Since Mom was down to one box of coffee, and I had, in my purse, two Target coupons for just such a purchase, I stopped into Target on my way home from prayer and Bible study.

My coupons were for $1 off two boxes, and $2 off three. Simple enough. Buy five boxes and get one of them free, right? Not quite so simple. Upon arriving in the coffee aisle, I found there was a cute little sale going on. Buy three boxes of coffee, get one free. I stared at the shelf, thought for a bit, then picked up six boxes of coffee and put them into my cart. Upon arriving at the register the cashier thought I could get an even better deal by purchasing one more box at the regular price, after all, the one after that would also be free. So, I bought five boxes of coffee and got three absolutely free, and  Mom now has what looks like a "lifetime" supply of Hazelnut Cafe. (How's that for a discount?)

For more ABC Wednesday, click here.

12 comments:

  1. wish I liked coffee!
    ROG, ABC Wednesday team

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love deals like this and stock up, too! You sure won't have to worry about her running out! ha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you are the discount Queen!
    Good for you.
    I love when I fall into such good deals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I was the discount queen for today. I don't typically find such great deals, and this one was really my mother's. She paid for the coffee, I just saved her the money.

      Delete
  4. Now that's a stash!! Mom must be very happy and secure with that in the cupboard...teehee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She says it's going to take her a long time to drink all that. I was half expecting her to tell me she'd die before it was gone and then I'd be stuck with it.

      Delete
  5. What a deal. My husband is always looking for deals like that. Now that he is retired he scours the mail and the newspapers for coupons and specials and grins like a cat with cream when he comes up with one. I'll be back blogging soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Deal is always a plus!

    Discover
    Rose, ABC Wednesday Team

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh gee, wish we had deals like that here. I love the sugar-free Swiss Mocha one and I watch for it to come on sale at two for $7.00 Cdn...then I buy 6 that usually last until the next sale!

    Leslie
    abcw team

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always love a good deal--you did a good job on this one.
    ann

    ReplyDelete
  9. You did get a great deal. Now, if I just liked coffee!

    ReplyDelete