Saturday, April 14, 2012

Too Much

There is just too much going on inside my little brain to keep up with, much less write about. I sit and try, but typically don't get too far...

Flowers are popping up all over my yard. The daffodils are fading, but the tulips are looking fine. Bethany planted these for me last fall.

Mom got her cast off this past Monday. Now she is sporting a nifty black brace instead and starts physical therapy on the 23rd of April. Twice a week for six weeks.

I found a surprise "spill garden" out back where Dave dumped his landscaping leftovers last year. A whole patch of Baby Blue Eyes! I think I like them.

I read a novel. Imagine that! "Left Neglected" borrowed from my cousin and thoroughly enjoyed. I can't remember the last fiction book I read from cover to cover.

Mom and I finished a puzzle together last night... or was it this morning? (My days are blurring together now...) It is so hard to watch her set pieces in obviously wrong places.

It has been a busy week of "gardening". I had two "flowers" four days. They provide a good distraction and plenty of opportunities for affection. What would I do without them?

Hannah and I happened down Ridge Road late this morning and spotted two small boys playing outside in the sunshine.We had to stop and give them big hugs and tell them how much we love them. Those little arms around my neck never felt better.

This evening we had a chance to stop over and visit James' Aunt Cindy who was in town for the vacation week.We've decided that next time she comes to town, we'll plan an evening visit over here. Maybe we'll have a family cookout.

It has been an entirely too emotional week. I have had a pair of leaky eyes... No big happenings or new news, just feeling sad. That is the way with women, I guess. Perhaps I am done for a while now.

2 comments:

  1. I've always waned some of those little blue flowers growing in my front yard. I may have to steal some... Just to let you know. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guess I've really been gone too long, as I didn't know your mom had a cast.

    Your tulips are pretty. After our big rain, I noticed several flowers popping up in my yard too.

    My life is beginning to feel a little normal, but grief does take time, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete