Thursday, April 26, 2012

Crazy Times

Life gets crazy.

There was a time when the days slipped by in relative ease. I chased my own small children during the daylight hours, cooked supper for nine, and found myself wanting to fall asleep while getting my brood into bed for the night. It seemed like a big deal, and it was. It was an exhausting job, mentally taxing, physically draining, and tons of fun all wrapped up together. The entire family slept under one roof. I knew where my children were, who they were with, and most of what they were up to. There were tears and frustration, but there was laughter too.

I have found life doesn't get easier with time, it gets harder. Hopefully spiritual roots and family ties run deep and keep us anchored. If there is one thing I learned from my dad, it is to hang on to faith with all my might and trust that Jesus has me in the palm of His hand. The storm still beats against us and each day I find myself repeatedly giving my stressed out heart back to the Lord. I've not gone back to the chiropractor or taken ibuprofen for over a week now, but not because my back and neck don't threaten to tie themselves into knots. It has been my mind's diversion for so long that knotted muscles just happen automatically, but I'm treating them differently now, with prayer, and it's working, most of the time.

The sun came out for a while today, long enough to take two little ones out in the yard for a bit. Spring has not been deterred by the nor'easter that blew in Sunday night and into Monday. It is determined to arrive, even if it takes a fight to get here. After dinner the evening sun brushed the eastern sky and tree tops before sliding off into the west, and I remembered to thank the Artist for once again wielding His divine paintbrush. He is incredibly awesome!



5 comments:

  1. Unfortunately I never got to share in the blessing of what He did with His paintbrush, but He did answer a prayer for me last night and attended a seminar right by my side. It was a great night. God IS good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurts

    1. God is with us — And it’s His tender with-ness that binds our wounds

    2. Work though you weep. Sorrow — but still sow.

    3. In the mourning – keep listening for the music.
    - Ann Voscamp

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you too, Heather.

    Thanks, Beth.

    ReplyDelete