Monday, April 02, 2012

Monday

Monday is my slower week day. I have just one small child and have had a partial rest over the weekend, mostly because I don't clean house on Sunday. It is my regroup and recoup day. Sometimes I even take a nap on Sunday and since yesterday was so dreary and gray, it was a good day to do so. Today the sun was bright, Alex was busy playing cars and trucks, and Hannah was folding laundry, so I figured it was the perfect time to attack the dust bunnies upstairs.

I have to be honest, I don't know how long it has been since I hauled my vacuum cleaner upstairs... Or maybe I do and just refuse to admit it... Vacuuming my bedroom and hallway was in the plan, but I decided to tackle the bathroom first and started with the floor. It doesn't get washed near as often as it did when I had a houseful of small boys, but every now and then I give it a good scrubbing. (I have to interrupt here and tell you how Ben had called soon after his arrival at work this morning to tell me how he had lost his wallet. He was fairly certain it was somewhere at home, maybe tucked down inside the couch cushions or dropped on a chair. I had looked around, even checked his bedroom, but didn't find it.) As I went along washing the bathroom floor, I slid the trash can and little stand next to the door over to wash underneath. As I did a wallet miraculously appeared. I found myself smiling and thought God must be smiling too. His timing is impeccable. Had I not chosen to wash the floor on this very morning, that wallet might have remained lost for quite some time leaving one increasingly frustrated young man.

I moved on to the bedroom and began the task of removing those fuzzy wads of dust that grow especially well on wooden floors underneath beds and dressers, and behind chairs. I found several small coins, a few random articles of clothing, a toy truck, and several miscellaneous items for the trash can. (I have to interrupt here and tell you that I had another phone call earlier, one from a friend who wanted to come for a visit. It's been a few weeks since we saw Vinnie and Nevaeh. He had left his jacket here, and I had an old aquarium and stand in my basement that their pet turtle was interested in.) My bedroom cleaning was cut short by the arrival of some favorite friends. I didn't mind, after all I had already sucked up most of the dust bunnies.

Later on James and I took a ride up to town while Hannah and Alex took naps. We delivered one lost wallet to Ben and enjoyed lunch together while we were at it. I think it turned out to be a very nice day.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds nice. :) Even on a slow day-- you did a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is always good to be flexible enough to sneak in a lunch date with a favorite husband:-)

    ReplyDelete