Sunday, April 08, 2012

Easter

It was a different kind of Easter. The family meal was small today... actually, the meal was not so small, it was the family. Just Ben, Hannah, James, and me. It felt weird...

We went to the early church service this morning, stayed for breakfast, and Sunday school. It was a gorgeous day, just the kind of day one always hopes for Easter. It would have been a wonderful day for an Easter egg hunt, but there were no small children to hunt them. James decided to go for a ride, but we left home without an idea of where to go. Not having a destination can be a problem. Not only is it frustrating for the driver, but it also means there are no directions to get wherever one finally decides they want to be... Somehow, after turning around close to a dozen times, we miraculously managed to find what we were looking for.

I think I would like to go back here someday and actually take a hike. We didn't walk very far, just far enough to find the old railroad tunnel under Interstate 90 that my father mentioned so many years ago in an old diary. He was just sixteen years old when he and his brother nearly had a fatal accident here. (See the story below) The Auburn Trail runs through private property and I found it to be quite pretty. Now that I know what I'm looking for, and where to find it, I think my sisters and I should go for a walk some day.

4 comments:

  1. We had a little gathering, too! Just my men and me. It was nice..relaxing and stress free.
    We had gorgeous weather, here, too!

    Yes, you'll have to go back for a hike...that looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm definitely interested. :)rethest

    ReplyDelete
  3. Strange how one of my word verifications ended up in my comment. ?? Let's see if it happens again...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Weird year I guess.
    Sometimes getting there is half the fun. Guess not yesterday.

    ReplyDelete