Thursday, April 19, 2012

I'll Take Another Cookie, Please

This post has very little to do with cookies, perhaps nothing at all. They just sound good right now, especially those Italian cookie cake kind, the pink and green ones... Maybe I have cookies on my mind because my son is getting married in seven weeks and cookies will be served after the ceremony. Coffee and cookies... yes, they sound good right now.

I have been to the chiropractor twice this week. He snapped me back in line and even gave me a turn in his fancy black massage chair, but the tension in my back and shoulders just sneaks back in again. There has been some relief as the pain now comes and goes randomly throughout the day rather than staying constant like it was on Monday. There is nothing wrong with my back or neck and I'm wearing just the shoes the doctor recommends. Perhaps I'm a little neurotic? And maybe that makes me perfectly normal too.

My little "flower garden" is about to be rearranged again. The end of April will bring about a few changes as we add a new "seedling", and say goodbye to a little "sprout" who will soon have a new little sister. Summer will find me watching over "flowers" of varied maturity, all of the "pink" variety. It will be a different kind of summer than I am accustomed to, but I think it will be fun, besides, I think maybe I need the distraction this kind of "gardening" provides.

5 comments:

  1. I had cookies on my mind and in my oven today. A double batch of Chunky Peanut Butter. Because I'm working so hard to maintain my weight... The gardeners got a bag, the girls at the Thrift Shop got a bag, the girls at the front desk at the YMCA got a bag, and the rest went to the grandkids. I take that back, there are just a few in my cookie jar....a very few.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I shall endeavor to forget about cookies today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am at least a week behind in reading blogs. I'm catching up on yours this morning.
    I'm sorry for the tension-filled head and shoulders. I am pleased you found a chiropractor who prays with you. That is something else. Wow.
    I am even more pleased that you know the One who will carry your burdens.
    I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am telling you, heat does wonders for tense muscles!! Almost every night I put heat on mine. I was achy after work last night and put a heating pad on my neck and shoulders. In no time my neck and shoulders were pain free...no meds! When I get really bad obviously that won't work, but the only reason I even know about the heat trick is because my Chiropractor recommended it once. I used to wake up hurting in the middle of the night, but if I do heat for about a half hour or so before I go to bed, I sleep like a baby. Try it! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The heating pad is always plugged in, but sometimes that doesn't work either. (I bought myself one years ago.)

    ReplyDelete