Friday, April 20, 2012

Jumping Beans

It was an incredibly gorgeous day, but in spite of the sunshine, we spent the morning indoors listening to the whir of apple sprayers and the growls of the lawn mower. It was after 11 am before we ventured outside.

Alex decided to help Ben cut the grass and found a lawn mower more his size on the front porch of "Hannah's Place". He was happy to go back and forth from the swing set to the little house with his mower, keeping his eye on Ben who was down in the lower part of the yard with the lawn tractor. Thanks to them the yard is once again looking tame.


"Rocky" found a patch of dirt under the swings and kept herself happy getting dirt stuck under her fingernails. She sat there all the time Alex played with the toy mower and then some. I think this child would be in heaven if I actually got a sandbox. She is very content to sit and dig.

The mini trampoline was a hit today too. Even I took a turn or two bouncing.

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful day to be outside! Love the children working so hard in the yard. HaHa

    ReplyDelete
  2. The weather has been beautiful here lately as well. Love it! When our 3 boys were little they each had a mower like that and when ever I would mow our yard they would walk behind me in a row 'helping' me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, these two little ones are fun. I am going to miss Alex when he stops coming, but I am glad to have the other little ray of sunshine. They really brighten up my days.

    ReplyDelete