Saturday, April 02, 2011

Behold...

"Behold, God is great, and we do not know Him; Nor can the number of His years be discovered. For He draws up drops of water, Which distill as rain from the mist, Which the clouds drop down And pour abundantly on man."
Job 36:26-28

We went out to the bus stop in the fog Friday morning. Dainty drops of water clung to last year's unpulled weeds. Please don't ask why there is burdock growing in my garden. I have never been able to keep up and when my gardeners moved out, the weeds moved in. I choose to be thankful for burdock instead of grumble. It takes such wonderful photographs, don't you think?

The girls and Andrew hopped and chased about the yard and driveway until the school bus came over the hill and carried the girls off to Universal Pre-Kindergarten and Andrew asking where his sister went. They've climbed on the bus every day since September and he's just now thinking this shouldn't be.

Tomorrow is Sunday, our day of rest, but my house isn't clean. The floors need vacuuming and washing, and my dust cloth has forgotten to do it's job, but the dishes are washed, the groceries are put away, and I caught up on a little bit of sleep this afternoon. Maybe I should toss that last load of laundry in the dryer and fold the one which waits... The day is almost done.

3 comments:

  1. Ha! I like that...burdock instead of grumble. Made me lol. Sounds like what goes on around here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really trying to be thankful all the time, how can you not, when reading the wonderful book you sent me. I have started my list.

    I didn't get much cleaning done today...did bake a batch of cookies, and the boys are spending the night to go with us to church tomorrow... A Day of Rest... Not sure it will be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's really quite the beautiful scene, especially with the burdock.

    ReplyDelete