Thursday, April 07, 2011

Beauty Out of Splashes

Mud is not pretty and neither are stagnant puddles of water, however, the water is not yet stinky and I found the puddle rather pretty this morning.

Our golden morning quickly turned silver as the sun crept over the horizon. The grass shimmered wearing a thin layer of frost which burned away as soon as the sun's rays hit. Yes, a beautiful morning, naked apple trees reflected on the water, willow branches golden in the morning sun.

We were on our way out to wait for the school bus... one of those hidden gifts I must remember to record... while the sun was lighting up the world. Early morning light angles... I must remember to wake up early and venture outside even when there is no bus coming down the hill...

How many gifts do I miss because I am not diligent in the hunt?


"But from there you will seek the LORD your God, and you will find Him if you seek Him with all your heart and with all your soul."
Deut. 4:29

2 comments:

  1. Great post and great verse! I had my devotions this morning instead of waiting until tonight, and what a difference it makes in the day! WHY don't I always do this? Too "busy" for the blessing I guess...

    ReplyDelete