Monday, November 01, 2010

Grandma's House

Grandma and her things have been moved into our house. We did it Saturday amidst much hesitation and many tears. It was hard for her to do, but she did not kick and scream, and she did not cry. I cried instead. I will be ever grateful for the presence of my sisters on such a day.

Our trials are not over, in fact some have just begun. There is the question of Mom's house and how to proceed there. There are differences of opinion and strong feelings. Not everyone sees things from the same perspective and we will continue to struggle with decisions for many days to come.

In the meantime we have gathered around Grandma's table and shared a meal or two, worked on a puzzle, and simply been together. She is surrounded by familiar possessions and family who loves her. We are settling in together, tying up loose ends, and learning new routines. Prayers are appreciated.

11 comments:

  1. Aww...I do pray that things go well, that all the siblings are flexible and cooperative and that grandma is happy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Betsy. Pray in particular for the son and daughter who are still living in Grandma's house at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have given her a beautiful new home. We will be praying for God's wisdom about the situation with the house.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Martha, I will be praying for all of you as you continue to figure things out. So glad you made it through that hard day. I think tears were okay:-) Hugs to you, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, hard times, hugs my sweet Martha, and Prayers in Capitals.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I get teary eyed just thinking about what you are going through:( Prayers are going up daily for you all! All things "WILL" work together for good! Love you to infinity & beyond!
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  7. Praying for you and all your family as you adjust and work things out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will also pray for you and your family. We went through these things when my mother, then my father passed and left the house without clear guidelines...one of my brothers didn't take things very well, and none of us see him not much, which is hard because we were a close family. Just be good, and when you come to the end of your goodness, remember not to grow weary of being good....God gives to those who ask....like the name of your blog, this life is really for one thing, Looking Up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, Della. I am constantly reminding myself that the real purpose of life is not in the stuff, it is in Him.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Martha, will continue to pray. It seems you are surrounding you mother with love and her things. Your family is an inspiration to me!

    ReplyDelete