Saturday, November 13, 2010

Sleepy Saturday

The sun is bright and it looks like a great day to be outside, but I am inside instead. My eyes are achy and my head feels tired. This is what sinus headaches do. In spite of the headache, I am enjoying the quiet. I should be cleaning the house, reading a book, or sorting through stuff at Mom's, but I am not. Instead I am thinking about a dose of ibuprofen and a quiet nap.

Anyhow,... this painting now hangs in my mother's room. For many years it was on the wall in my parent's house. It was painted by my dad's Aunt Harriet and I have just learned that there is an autumn version or two of this very same mill. Her grandchildren had never seen this one, but could tell me that the mill was located in Ashantee, NY. I think it might be fun to compare this painting with the autumn versions. Kind of makes me want to dig my craft paints back out of the basement...

5 comments:

  1. What a lovely painting. Yes, I would love to see the Autumn version.

    I mother had a picture hanging in our home since I was a little girl of a Windmill on a lake with a light in a little window way at the top.

    I use to make up stories about that being my room. I love that picture and when Mom passed away, I took it. Later, I looked on the back, and my daughter Michel had put her name on it ....guess she thinks its hers when I'm gone!! I thought that was pretty funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you're not feeling well today, hope you feel better after a rest. There will be other days to go clean out at Mom's. We are going to take another walk in the park with our dog on this warm, sunny day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to take a rest, and re-charge.
    Take care of you!
    It kinda hangs in you "folks home" now, I think of your mom and dad as always together. I wonder if she does.
    hugs, Judi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope your headache leaves! Have you tried Mucinex D? That helps my sinus headaches SO much...along with 4 advil. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, Betsy. I love Mucinex except that I am cheap and buy the store brand at Walmart. There were years when I longed for Guaifenesin without Sudafed added, but could only find it in a prescription. The Advil helped too.

    ReplyDelete