Sunday, November 28, 2010

Winter Chill

Winter is strengthening its grip on us. The days have been cold and gray, and I find that I must wear my mittens or suffer the consequences of chapped hands. Though I heard there has been snow nearby, it has not had any significant accumulation at my house. I don't mind, I rather like clean, dry roads.

I am finding myself in quandary lately, a battle of the mind, I guess. I wish I could say that I never struggle with selfish thoughts and tendencies, that I always have a smile on my face, and put the needs of others ahead of myself, but that would be delusional. I am coming to discover it is best to admit my weaknesses and fall upon God's mercy. He already knows my failures and waits for me to confess. It is only in confession and dependence upon Him that I can be made whole.

8 comments:

  1. Dear Martha ~ Is that sweet little girl you?

    I wear a smile most of the time, and need to be more honest with those around me when the smile is just a smile on the face, and not from the heart!
    Loving you today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Wanda, that is me. :)

    I thought of you today when a man at church passed out and had to be carried from the sanctuary by three or four other men. He is over six feet tall. I wanted to shout, "Pray Pastor Lou!" and "Sing a song!"

    Thank you for your love and encouragement. I love you too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, these are good thoughts! Don't forget to take some time for yourself, Martha. It isn't always selfish but necessary. It makes you a happier mother, daughter, wife, sister, etc. We all need it and for some reason we women who wear several 'hats' in our roles push ourselves to extremes and give until we break. It's ok to say 'no', ask for help and not feel guilty. (I'm talking to myself here, too! ha)

    Now, that is an adorable picture of you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can I do something to help (besides pray)? Let me know. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Martha, you remembered that episode in our life!!! You make me chuckle... Pray, Pastor Lou, Sing a song.... What a memory. I hope the gentleman is OK.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What delicious looking cookies at the top of your blog!

    Your live feed says that I am a visitor from Honeoye Falls!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sometimes these computers are a little bit confused as to where we live. :) And that's okay.

    ReplyDelete