Sunday, November 14, 2010

Happy Belated Birthday to Ben

Dear Ben,

I did not forget your birthday last Thursday, November 11th. That should be quite obvious as I took you, Clay, and Caleb to the bowling alley precisely for this occasion. No one had school because it was Veteran's Day and this always makes it possible for you to spend your birthday with friends. I didn't forget the root beer floats; they were yummy. I did, however, forget to post a birthday greeting here. Please forgive my negligence and accept this apology.

Love, Mom

PS. I hope you have a wonderful time being seventeen. You will probably get your driver's license sometime within the year and you will find yourself longing for that independence that still seems just out of reach. Don't worry, it isn't far off. Enjoy being a kid for now, it won't last forever.

5 comments:

  1. Dude! That's awesome!!!!!!


    haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. A happy birthday to your little Benjamin, Martha. That is so cool that when my little Ben was turning five years old, your Ben was being born on the very same day. I think we have rather a lot in common, don't you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Della, I think we do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seventeen ~What a sweet age!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet and scary... for me anyway.

    ReplyDelete