Monday, November 15, 2010

Thanks, I Needed That

I have been feeling stressed and under pressure. There is so much to be done and so much to think about that it leaves my head spinning. I knew I needed a break, but I didn't know quite how to take one. I don't like to leave my mom alone for extended periods of time and when I do get out of the house it feels like I am rushing to accomplish the task before me rather than taking life at a leisurely pace, so I was relieved yesterday when James suggested we go out to lunch together after church.

Our first stop was Mom's house to make sure the outside water was turned off and the outside pipes were drained. We didn't know to do that last year and had to replace the PVC in the spring. After meandering about the house, stopping to pray together, and gathering a few items, we left to find something to eat. We decided to go to Moe's for a burrito. It was a nice, relaxed couple of hours, much needed and bringing with it a sense of relief. Today I am thankful for the man God chose to put into my life. I am grateful for his love and encouragement through these difficult days, and for his willingness to take me out to lunch. It's those little things that mean so much. I think he's the best!

5 comments:

  1. I definitely think you should keep him. He has some great ideas:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you got to go to lunch with your special man!!! Those are priceless moments.

    That burrito looks so good!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that Moes. :o)
    you need to "get time to your self everyday". Ha! That's what they told me, silly me I believed them.
    It is a treasure when you can get a few minutes strung together.
    remember to breath.
    Thanks James for being you and loving Martha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is a great guy. I'm thankful that you have him as your hubby. :)

    Moe's is so yummy. :9

    ReplyDelete