Friday, February 16, 2007

Winter Like I Remember




For the third day in a row Troy has been home with his mom, another snow day in Sodus. They have a large school district to cover with lots of hills and backroads. This morning would have been rough on school bus drivers!

Here in Williamson, there was school so Sara and Alysa came off the bus bus this afternoon. They found the forts my kids dug earlier to be fun and inviting so they are out there now playing in the snow.
Sometimes I think I have grown up way too fast and should be out there on my belly digging a snowfort. This is how I remember winter, cold with lots and lots of snow!

8 comments:

  1. I remember making a fort like that in 1969 in washington state. Man but I had never seen such snow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who all was in that fort?

    I don't remember ever building a snow fort. Though I did grown up with snow in the winter (near Mt. Hood, Oregon), I don't remember there being a LOT like that. But we had plenty to make snowmen and snow angels each winter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember building tunnels and forts in the snow when I was a kid. We just don't get as much snow anymore not that I'd be out playing in it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is an awesome fort! "Get in touch with the elf in your self", get out there on your belly and dig! However be sure someone else has the camera ;o) so we can see your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The little girls in the fort are Sara and Alysa, my son's nieces. They are looking forward to their week off school so they can play in the snow some more.

    Judie, it is possible that I just may get in touch with that "elf in myself" for a couple of hours. The fun and memories are just too precious to let slide by...

    ReplyDelete