Monday, February 12, 2007

Snow Fall


When I woke up this morning the skies were gray but the roads were clear. Now a few hours later it's snowing and blowing. Of course, it's nothing unusual and in a few minutes the snow may be gone (or it may fall for hours). From the warmth of my home I can enjoy the wonder of winter without too much worry. I can stay home today. For those who are out trying to drive around or work, it is a different story.
For those who live just an hour farther east, the sight of more snow falling would be more than frustrating. Parts of Oswego county have seen up to ten feet of snow. Try figuring out where to put all that white stuff! It sounds somewhat fun and exciting until you actually have to deal with it. Even snowmobiles get stuck in snow that deep. In order to clear the roads and make them passable the snow has to be loaded into dump trucks and either carted off or dumped into the river where it will return to the lake from whence it came. Good thing spring is just around the corner. In another couple of months this winter will be little more than a memory.

7 comments:

  1. That definately does not sound like fun to me- esp driving in it. I heard my dad talking about it this morning, wondering who would want to live there, getting all that lake effect snow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was looking ahead at the Florida forecast for when we're there and it looks pretty chilly, but warmer than here so I won't compalin. Besides if I'm gonna complain then I might as well stay home. So far I haven't minded winter too much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you guys are killen me!
    i love snow.... well I don't drive in it though.... mmmmm but it would give me an exscuse to get those Ugg boots on bethany's site!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so hard to believe that it is so close to here...and yet we have very normal amount.

    Tell your dad that it is not a normal thing for them to get that much...which is why it is on the news nationwide.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Martha, you definitely have more snow than us.

    ReplyDelete