Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Forsaken


Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you." Hebrews 13:5

I don't know if these little buildings have purpose. They look rather forlorn to me, but at least they have each another. I'm so glad Jesus has promised never to leave us alone. Even in those utterly lonely moments, He is still there.

Sunday evening at church we watched a DVD of Heather Mercer, who was captured along with several others and held prisoner in Afghanistan back in 2001. What an amazing testimony of the love and grace of God! We are never alone.

4 comments:

  1. how nice that you included the first half of the scripture. most do not and only read one part. thank you for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is comforting to know that we are never alone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen! Thanks for leaving a comment on my site the other day. It is always neat to see how the Lord may choose to use something that is written on a blog. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I have heard that verse split up more often than not too. They really aren't the same, but it does go together.

    When I moved into this apartment by myself the very first night I sat down and cried because I thought I should feel lonely. That lasted all of ten minutes- then I realized that I did not feel lonely.

    God is so good to us. I don't know what I would do if I didn't believe in Him.

    ReplyDelete