Monday, February 26, 2007

Don't Ask!

I know a single woman in her early 30's who is a full time college student. Last night I asked her how school was going. Karen seemed rather frustrated as she explained that everyone asks her the same question. I took a seat next to her and sure enough, along came another woman who sat down and said, "How's school going?" Then a young mom came along and said, "I'm praying for you at school." We laughed about it as I looked at Karen and said "So Karen, how's the weather?" I am determined to find some other topics of conversation before I head back to church but I'm not quite sure where to start. Any great ideas out there?

5 comments:

  1. Does she have a family? You could always ask how her family is doing... Read any good books lately? Seen any good movies lately? Barrie always asked me what I was having for dinner - LOL! What have you been up to lately? How have you been doing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. How was your week?
    What's going on in your life?
    Have you been up to anything exciting lately?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just reread and saw that she was single. Somehow I missed that the first time around... But the other questions apply! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where did you get those fabulous shoes? Did ou do something different to your hair, it looks great. Is there anything I can do for you? If you wished for cookies what kind would you wish for?(then Bake and Give :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, those are great ones, Judee!

    ReplyDelete