Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Put A Lid On It

Yesterday I took a ride out to Webster to do a few errands. Amazingly, I was able to escape the house without any children in tow. First stop was the bank to make a deposit, then to Goodwill to drop off some items, and finally to Walmart where I bought some rather large storage tubs. The first tub was so big that I had to fit it over the front of the cart resting on the bottom rack and the lid I slid down between the handle and the front of the cart. Inside the cart I put 3 other tubs which were a bit smaller and nestled together. Any other items (like yogurt and a lunchable, I was hungry) would fit nicely inside the smaller tubs. I got home and took the tubs up to the boys room. The thought here is to clean out the room and still have their "precious" belongings safe and on the premises. We can take the filled tubs out to one of the barns. The extra large tub was perfect for all the camping supplies we gave the boys for Christmas and each had a smaller tub to himself. Unfortunately, I neglected to pick up lids for the smaller tubs and had to stop at Walmart again a few hours later (while James ran his errands) to pick those up. Nothing like wasting a little time.

Last night I had an awful headache and fell alseep on the couch. James left me there, sleeping peacefully, and went upstairs without me. I finally hauled myself up to bed at about 3:30 am but was very uncomfortable with my aching head, eye, and neck. James got up early, as usual, at about 5 o'clock, and since I couldn't sleep and only wanted to cry, I decided that I would crawl into the bathtub for a nice hot soak. After getting dressed I took 2 Benadyl, got my pillow and went back downstairs to the couch where I could go to sleep sitting up. I could feel the Benadryl working its magic as my body began to relax. Sleep was immanent. The kids woke me up in the morning with just about enough time to get to Ladies' prayer. My headache is basiclly gone now. I figured it would be as it is always most intense just before it goes away. I am left tired from the experience but at least I'm not in pain.

2 comments:

  1. Poor mom... to have such a horrid headache. I'm glad you are better now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I felt your pain while reading your blog. I've had similar headaches. I have found out Excedrin Migrane works wonders!

    ReplyDelete