Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Give Me A Break!


Sometimes I feel like a meteorologist reporting the weather day after day. Maybe that comes from all those years of sitting on the front porch (see Priscilla's blog). They say that's what old people do, sit on the porch and talk about the weather... Anyway (that's my favorite word), it's looking rather gray outside today, not too cold, but not as inviting as when the sun is shining either. I'm staying inside today just because I want to.

Next week is spring break. That's when all the kids who go to public school get to sleep in, stay home from school, and torment their mothers who are not used to them being home all the time. For me it is a time to find some poor public school mother whose dear child is looking for a friend who can stay overnight and provide some company and entertainment. Then I get a break, maybe... Actually, we are planning to have a couple of friends over ourselves on Monday night. These are also homeschooled friends whose father will be having surgery Tuesday morning. I will get a break because Ben and Hannah will each have a friend to kep them occupied. We look forward to spring break when we get a chance to see some friends who are normally at school or home doing school. Hey Priscilla and Rachel, what are you guys gonna be doing for the break?

3 comments:

  1. Unfortunately I have to work 3 days. It is more than my normal (2) because the other hygienists and I have to have some new computer training. I was bummed when I found out I had to work extra when the kids are home from school, but there's nothing I can do about it so I must try not to be so negative. This week I worked a half day with Ann! Anyway, the boys may be spending some time with a grandma next week, I don't know my honey's schedule yet so I'm not sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you enjoy staying inside today? I actually would have liked to have gotten some more gardening done this morning (before the rain) but I was just too busy trying to get photo orders done and taking pix of the turtle!! I sure hope I can get these wedding pictures done before summer!! They are NOT fun and take a lot of time. Well enough griping! I can't wait to find out what the weather's gonna be like tomorrow...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be home Monday and Tuesday...but on Wed, my sis-in-law and I and the kids are going to Pennsylvania. We are going to hang out and take a tour of the Crayola Crayon Factory!

    ReplyDelete