Friday, April 21, 2006

It May Be April, But It Feels Like May


This has been a beautiful week for spring break, lots and lots of sunshine and warm temperatures. Yesterday I finally finished my little garden plot out in the backyard. I planted peas and radishes and hopefully this afternoon I will get to planting some spinach or leaf lettuce, maybe both. We are planning to have another garden down around the barn when we get a little bit more into May. Then we'll plant the peppers, tomatoes, cucumbers, beans, and ... oh, who knows what all. I am looking forward to a great garden! Tomorrow it is supposed to rain so I want to enjoy the sun today.

This morning we went to the grocery store and also to Walmart. I was beginning to feel a little like Old Mother Hubbard there for a while. We even ran out of dog food! Well, we're all set now for a while... Sara and Alysa will be here for a few hours this afternoon as their mom has to work at 4 o'clock. I'll take them to Kid's Club with us later on. Tonight is our last Kids Club night and we are going to be making cookies. Jan and I decided to do something a little different with the girls than we usually do and thought that maybe baking would be fun. I hope the girls like it. I know they all love cookies. May 5th is a picnic and then we will be finished for the year. After that I have to pray about next year and whether I will be a leader again or not. I'm not sure...

4 comments:

  1. I would love a vegatable garden... And maybe a strawberry patch! I love strawberries!! But... I don't suppose it's going to happen here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're going to get a sweet cherry tree! We went looking at them earlier today. We want a specific kind that we can't seem to get anymore, so we'll have to wait till next year for that one, but we'll probably get a Black Tartarian this year. I'm so psyched!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it funny how running out of dog food seems like the crisis when you haven't had edible food in your cupboards for days? Gotta feed those dogs!

    ReplyDelete