Monday, April 17, 2006

How Random...

Arbitrary statements and random thoughts... Who said that anyway?

1. The sun shines when there's not a cloud in the sky.
2. Information is not knowledge.
3. I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious.
4. Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.
5. Education is what remains after one has forgotten what one has learned in school.
6. It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education.
7. It is strange to be known so universally and yet to be so lonely.
8. It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer.
9. Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile
10. The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.
11. The faster you go, the shorter you are.
12. The hardest thing to understand in the world is the income tax.
13. The monotony and solitude of a quiet life stimulates the creative mind.
14. The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once.
15. The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education.
16. The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination.
17. Things should be made as simple as possible, but not any simpler.
18. Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
19. We should take care not to make the intellect our god; it has, of course, powerful muscles, but no personality.

One of these statements is mine. Any guesses as to which one?

8 comments:

  1. #1 any guess as to who anonymous is?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous is someone who gets up early... (at least today)

    How about another hint?

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way, #5 is a quote from Albert Einstein. Sorry Priscilla.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not every day, mostly on tuesdays and every other day. Guess yet?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, #1 in my very own quote. Now you can see how very brilliant I am... okay, maybe not, but it was fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know you think that "Anonymous" was me... But honest! It wasn't!! I slept in waaaaay past 7 AM!!! He or she is an IMPOSTER!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. For anyone who is interested, all of these quotes, save #1, are from Albert Einstein.

    ReplyDelete