Saturday, April 08, 2006

Nothin' Doin" (or Doing Nothing)

Wow, what a day! I feel as though I have accomplished absolutely nothing, probably because that is basically true. James cooked breakfast for us this morning, a wonderful Saturday routine, and then we headed off to clean the Sunday school rooms at church. While that may sound like an accomplishment, let me remind you that Joe and Nate do the vacuuming and I wash table and other surfaces and take out the trash. No big thing there. From church we went to visit my mom and dad. This can be considered doing something because I rarely get a chance to stop there for a Visit. Then Nate and I went over to Walmart and back to the church to clean the sanctuary which was previously occupied by a group of ladies from church. (This was no big accomplishment either.) And then we headed back to Mom's to pick up Hannah and visited for a little while longer. When I finally returned home it was 6 o'clock so I threw in a load of laundry and made my bed. What to do now? Can I accomplish anything meaningful before I fall into bed tonight? We shall see...

3 comments:

  1. Ha! I cleaned the bathroom! Now ain't that sumpthin?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it sounds like you accomplished a lot. See my blog to see about my day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sound like you did ok to me. Afterall...it's Saturday! I spent the day running around trying to dress a poor Englishman who wants to immigrate to the U.S. in 1880. We also looked for things for him to take on his trip. Bon voyage!

    ReplyDelete