Saturday, April 01, 2006

No Foolin'


Did you think that summer had arrived? Well, April Fools! We still have to do April before we can really count on it being warm and sunny for any extended length of time. It was beautiful though and I was foolish enough to hope it would last. We are back to gray skies and not so hot weather but we have the sunshine of the past week to carry us though.

I did some running around yesterday, took Ben and Hannah to the dentist, the van up to King's, did some laundry, and still had a chance to be outside in the warm weather for a while. I raked some leaves out of the flower gardens. While the van was at the garage, Hannah and I walked down to visit with Shelly and Jessi for a little bit. It was nice just to sit out on the front porch and visit while the girls played. Sometimes I miss that. There should have been piano lessons mid-afternoon but Leslie had to cancel so the kids got a break. Around 5 o'clock I took Hannah up to the Reinhardt's for an overnight. James and I had the house to ourselves again in the evening as the boys were all at church with the teens. We had soup and grilled cheese sandwiches and played a couple games of cards. (No Shelly, it wasn't the game you suggested, we played Rummy instead. Any guesses on Shelly's suggestion?)

I can't believe the day is half over already. I haven't done anything special, but today has been pretty busy too. I saw Adam and Louis at church after we cleaned the Sunday school rooms. Adam was washing windows and Louis was trying to explore with a leash on his neck. Adam thinks his kitten is a puppy. Good thing Louis isn't a scaredy cat, just curious. He didn't seem to mind being at church, but then he didn't look thrilled either.

5 comments:

  1. It was nice to have an 80 degree day yesterday. Today it's back to reality. This is normal for this time of year, so I guess we can be thankful there isn't snow and 30 degree weather in the forcast. Summer will be here before we know it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Strip Poker?

    Louis must be quite a cat to even bring to church.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aunt Priscilla! I'm shocked at you! And I thought it was go-fish... And yes Louis is quite the cat. Sometimes I even think Louis believes he is a dog, chasing his tail and everything. Adam was very nice to wash windows at the church for me... that was the only part of my cleaning job that I didn't get done last night at church.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't understand the Strip Poker comment, can someone fill me in? I'm all confused (just like my blog spot says).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well! I can see I have a reputation here!!!

    Thank you Bethany! Go Fish really IS a nice INNOCENT game that every husband would love to play with his wife!

    ReplyDelete