* August is a sleepy month.
* I went to Yia Yia's for an ice cream cone dinner last night. My son Nate met me there and we sat outside together eating our soft serve twists. A lady walked by with a chihuahua that was wearing a white T-shirt with a pink ruffle. It said "Little Darling" on the back. When she was across the parking lot, I quietly remarked to Nate how it was kind of like "playing dolls" and another woman, whose face registered the same thoughts, walked past and into the ice cream shop. As her man stood by, The Chihuahua Lady put something on the little dog's head. It looked like doggy goggles or maybe even a helmet with goggles. Then she popped the tiny creature into a bag of some kind, climbed on the trike, and scootched back. The man climbed on and away they went. Pretty soon the Ice Cream Lady came walking by again. "Did they take that dog on the motorcycle?" she asked.
* My daughter has a pretty new ring.
* I am slowly getting accustomed to the not-quite-daily commute to Rochester. The expressway (or freeway) is the best way to get where I want to be in the shortest amount of time. Most days are uneventful but there was one day where I was tailgated in what would normally be the passing lane. I was already traveling over the speed limit, and since the highway divides in 3 different directions and I needed to be in the left lane to make my destination, I remained where I was. The vehicle behind me continued to act in a menacing manner until the road divided 3 ways and off they went on the far right while giving me that no-so-nice hand signal. All I could think was, "Seriously?"
* My new granddaughter is almost here. Just a few more weeks. (I am just a wee bit excited!)
* James has returned form his job in the Finger Lakes and made a super yummy sandwich for supper; pork loin and bacon, with onion, tomato, lettuce, and mayonnaise on one of those nice bakery rolls from Wegmans. Just perfect!
A Point of View.
2 hours ago