Friday, August 28, 2015

Brother Day

It was "Visit Your Brother Day" today, so we did. :)

Rachel went to sign the visitor's book and I went to see where Tim was. He was happy to take my hand  but when Rachel came around the corner he grabbed hold of her hand with an exuberance that almost took me by surprise. Almost. I know he loves her. She's his baby sister. I lagged behind a little bit so I could catch them on the way out to the car. I love how he holds her hand.

It was a beautiful day for a ride through the Wayne County countryside. We drove past farms and fields, cows and horses, and the little ski slope where Olympic Gold Medalist Diann Roffe learned to ski. (She may have been born in Warsaw, NY but she grew up in Williamson. You can stalk her Facebook if you need proof. ha ha!)

Before heading back to Tim's place we stopped by Wendy's drive-thru and bought Tim the customary small chocolate Frosty. It was gone in a flash as usual.

I was blessed to have Rachel take our picture when we got back to the house, and look at that, he even smiled. I don't look too bad myself for a change. Ha ha! Thanks, Rachie Baby!

6 comments:

  1. How very special you Trio....Tim looks very happy to be with his sisters. Makes me miss my brother, Hal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a blessing to be a part of his life again. He is pretty special.
      :0)

      Delete
  2. He doesn't love me any more than he loves you guys. Maybe he does that because I've been going for the last 6 years, when you guys couldn't because of work related stuff. Those jeans look absolutely horrendous on me. I think I'm done wearing them until I can take off the 10 pounds I've gained over the last couple of year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the picture of you and him. He rarely smiles for photos. See how much he loves you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am his little sister and I know he loves me, but you, you are his baby sister and that makes you special in a whole different way. And that is good.
      :0)

      Delete