Thursday, October 24, 2013

Three; Three Grandchildren, Three Pictures, and 3X Thursday

One little flower in the vase today (not counting the school bus girls). Yesterday and the day before were full of activity. I had to remind myself again that toys are really jewels scattered across my living room... and kitchen... and, and... We filled breakfast bowls (actually Hannah did), provided snacks, and doled out macaroni and cheese at lunch time. We even attempted naps, though only two small flowers actually closed their eyes.

I was just dozing off to sleep, four and a half year old Lucas snuggled up beside me, when Simon (he's 3) let out an ear piercing howl. I literally flew off the couch. I missed the preceding event, but apparently Sofie bit him. There was no blood, just a heartbroken little boy who finally let his Grandma wrap her arms around him in a warm and hopefully comforting hug. "I don't ever want to see that dog again!" he howled as Lukie slept through the entire event. Rocky watched in wide-eyed wonder, while I was relieved that my little dog hadn't left any visible mark on the child's hand.

It's actually been nice these two days with grandchildren, but I never could have done it without having trimmed back on the children I watch on an everyday basis. It's really Hannah who is watching these three, even here, but I get the benefit of looking into the sweet little faces of my grandchildren and hearing the funny things they say. Aubrey called me "that lady" yesterday, but when I asked her what my name was she said, "Grandma Martha." I think she just isn't sure exactly what she's supposed to call me. She's been calling me Hannie (sounds like Grammy...) and now is beginning to make the differentiation.

I am off to play 3X Thursday at Kristina's. I hope you'll come and play too. The more the merrier! Bring some cookies and cider, or better yet a batch of fresh fried cakes and join the party.

6 comments:

  1. Enjoyed your read this morning. You are my first read of the morning. I'm always afraid Molly might do that but she's such a loveable little gal, it's never happened. I did go over and play 3X at Kristina's. That was fun. Waiting for my hot rollers to heat...gotta get fixed up.. visiting Elizabeth this afternoon, the gal I met Sunday...renewing an old friendship. Have a good day Martha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sofie doesn't bite hard when she bites. I guess being so small she has to have some way to tell the kids she means business, but I do hate to see them hurt. The good part was getting to snuggle Simon who usually struggles to get away instead.
      Thanks for playing the game at Kristina's. :)

      Delete
  2. I, too, had "jewels" scattered all over today...
    Miss V here for the day...another fever, and day-care won't take them if they have one.....soooooo..off to Grammas and Grampas for the day!
    Have a great evening Martha...♥

    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not having a regular houseful makes it so much easier to welcome my grandchildren in. Those two days were busy but wonderful too. So glad you can fill in when daycare isn't available for little Miss V. No better place than Gramma and Grampa's house.

      Delete
  3. Another eventful day...x3! haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, and it was a good one in spite of the "trauma".

      :0)

      Delete