Monday, October 21, 2013

Monday Morning

It's Monday morning and still dark and gray. My friend Emma is gone on the school bus and the house is quiet aside from the click of the keyboard. I heard Mom make her way to the bathroom and then back into bed, Hannah has not yet risen, and I am pretty much alone with my thoughts. It's a nice moment.

I had a good weekend. Didn't do anything spectacular, but did have a chance to unwind and that is always good. I decided to keep the treasures purchased at the estate sale the other day. It's not that I am unwilling to share, it's just that I don't want to give them away. (ha ha!) So, here they are, two pieces of pottery purchased from the $10 table.

In another life, had I not been a stay at home, homeschooling, mother of many, I might have been a potter. I know what you are thinking... and yes, maybe I still can be a potter, if I ever get myself into it, but right now there are a myriad of other things that have to be taken care of. Maybe I can be content for a time to love and appreciate the work of other potters as I decide what kind of potter I want to be. And maybe I can save up some money to take another pottery class.

I am headed out to breakfast this morning. I have plans to meet a friend at the little diner in town. Don't you just love going out for breakfast? Hey! Here comes the sun!

Della and I had a very nice visit over breakfast and then we came back to my house for a little more visit. I think meeting my friends for real is great fun. Nobody got killed and I think we should meet up again sometime and invite Cheryl too.

9 comments:

  1. I do love your little pottery treasures. And breakfast with a friend...priceless. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a very nice breakfast. I think maybe we should have taken a walk afterward though. :)

      Delete
  2. Perfect!!!
    Love your pottery finds...blue is my favorite color!!

    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they cute? I really like the glaze colors too.

      Delete
  3. Looking forward to meeting you!! And, I love your new pottery...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheryl, I am looking forward to that day too. It will be fun. :)

      Delete
  4. Well, I can see why you wanted to keep your pottery finds...they are both wonderful! You will enjoy them so much! Breakfast with a friend...perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Della and I actually never met in person before our breakfast together. She is a blog friend who lives about an hour away and we have talked about meeting for years. I love her. :)

      Delete
    2. Really?
      Well...look at that!

      Delete