Saturday, October 26, 2013

O is for Obsession

O is for Obsession and if this ever makes it to ABC Wednesday, it will be the latest entry ever.

Don't you just hate when something occurs and your mind keeps playing either events or scenarios over and over? Although I was way beyond tired last night when I climbed into bed, my mind was working overtime. After tossing and turning for a while, I finally tried taking Benadryl and drifted into a fitful, restless slumber. Today being Saturday, I had no real reason to get out of bed early, yet found myself in the shower a little after 7 am.

I'm trying to think about other things, but my mind will continue to bounce back to the original obsessive thought until the issue is resolved. The terrible thing is that it isn't an issue that I can resolve at all. I am just a spectator and there is very little I can do to help.

For more ABC Wednesday fun, click here.

9 comments:

  1. Now you've got me worried!
    What ever it is...
    I hope it resolves itself....SOON!!
    Enjoy your evening...♥

    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has to do with the events of yesterday. Just wishing we knew the situation was going to turn desperate so quickly, and wondering if our friend will ever get her animals back. It's been such a great thing for Hannah the last couple years. I've watched her blossom as she's learned to ride and care for the horses. It comes so natural to her and our friend made it possible for kids who'd otherwise never get the chance. And the horses, they are miracles too. Many arrived at the farm in rough shape. Some had been abused or neglected, some were sick or injured, and some had never even been saddled before. Almost all of them were eventually able to be ridden. Lots of people are feeling desperate to help somehow but don't really know what to do yet.

      Delete
  2. I do the same thing. Part of the reason for obsessing is the feeling of helplessness over the situation. Pray pray pray. I love you and am sad for your friend, for Hannah and the horses. Can she visit the horses at Lollipop or wherever they are?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They won't tell us where they are, so no they can't. Until the investigation is over, they are evidence.

      Delete
    2. On second thought, I do know where some of them went. Not sure visiting is a good idea though.

      Delete
  3. Aw, I'm sorry. Now that you've written it down here and talked about it, that my be the key. I seriously doubt she'll get her animals back, unless she can prove they weren't neglected or mistreated. Sad! Maybe Hannah can get a horse of her own? I bet you could find one that needs a home somewhere. Then you'll have a real zoo and I'll be jealous. ha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, except now I've found some new information and that will probably keep me awake too. I'd love to see the girls able to really adopt the horses they've come to love, but I know it's pretty unlikely. Things really don't look good right now.

      Delete
  4. I found that writing it down helped OFFLOAD it from my mind, FWIW.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It often does help, Roger. I suppose that's why I wrote it. And I suppose that is one of the reasons that prayer helps too. Being able to verbalize our heartaches and concerns is a way to unload our burdens. There are times when the only thing I can say is, "Oh, Lord!" and He knows.

      Delete