Thursday, September 22, 2011

Overdoing It

So, it appears that one post on our NY trip would have been more than sufficient...We are back home now and back to reality, but trying to benefit from the bit of inspiration a trip away from home provides.


Judy took six years of German in Jr. and Sr. high school and has been to Germany ten times. She greatly encouraged for Hannah to continue her pursuit of the German language. The "Surprise To Us" German American parade Saturday was taken as a sign, and before we left town, Hannah found a German language book and set of CD's had magically appeared under her pillow. (Thanks to Judy.) I so want to encourage Hannah. I think a near future trip to Gudl's Rheinblick German Restaurant is in order.

We were also inspired in the area of music. Hannah has long saved for a digital piano. While she still has the time and desire to play and learn to play well, I think it's time to begin the search in earnest. Wouldn't you know it? Judy also has an interest in music, and has a piano tucked away in her apartment bedroom. It should come as no surprise since she is a composer/librettist. She is also the childhood friend whose parents had two pianos in their living room, one of which was a player. (That's the kind I want...) Have I ever mentioned how much I love that piano at the NY State Fair? (Check here.)

6 comments:

  1. Overdoing it? Heehee, I am so glad for inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me know when you are planning to come so that I will be there!!
    Auf Wiedersehen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When you come home from Florida we'll make some plans. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, wait. I see you have come home... Now I must think when we can come. How about you let me know when you might be there?

    Did you know James' Teal ((Diel, Diehl, Dihl)ancestors came from Wiesbaden?

    ReplyDelete
  5. No I didnt know that,but Wiesbaden is 'my' city! Diehl sounds familiar to me.
    And yes, I am home, but very slow!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They came to the Hudson Vally in the early 1700's.

    ReplyDelete