Sunday, September 11, 2011

Hate to Burst Your Bubble

Josh and Hannah are good friends. The other night they spent some together time blowing bubbles on Bethany's front step. I found a smile creeping across my face as I reached for my camera.

On the end table in Bethany's living room is a book, "Bringing Up Boys" by James Dobson. As I flipped through that pages, she looked slightly sheepish as she admitted that she hadn't ever read it. The copy was mine and the stories inside familiar. One upon a time this book had given me a glimpse into an otherwise foreign world.

Though I was in the midst of raising five boys I had never been given such a clear picture into the world of boys. I found myself able to relax a bit more when they pulled those crazy boy stunts and worry a bit less when they tore their knees open on trees and pavement. I hadn't given up on worrying altogether, but my understanding was forever altered.

2 comments:

  1. Oh that's really a cute story. I think my son has that book~ Out of all my grandchildren, and great there are only 3 girls.

    ReplyDelete